MEET THE TEAM
THIS PEOPLE MAKE IT ALL POSSIBLE
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan under the able guidance & advise of her elder brother who is Mr. R. Narayanamohan (a practising chartered accountant) has learned the secretarial and other related commercial services and set up a NS Global Consultants Pte. Ltd. to meet the needs and commercial business demands of today.
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan started learning Rangoli in Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India, at the age of five at the feet of her mother and used to be so fascinated by Rangoli that she used to try different designs, different mediums and visit neighbors to observe their drawings and try to improve on it even whilst in school. She had taken part in many local Rangoli competitions in school, college and in her neighborhood and won several prizes.
After marriage she moved to Bombay and here she had a chance to draw Rangoli at big establishments like Shanmukhananda Sabha (a 3000 seat auditorium) for a big audience, President’s Hotel for Japanese tourists, Nehru Planetarium, Dharma Kshetra, Mitra Mandals (Community Centres) etc.
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan moved to Singapore in 1993 and has done thousands of Rangoli demonstrations in Singapore but starting documenting her events only from 1999. She has displayed her talent at over few hundred major Commercial, Social and Art establishments as well as numerous Schools, Colleges and Community Centres.
Art establishments include the Esplanade, National Arts Council, Indian Heritage Board, Singapore National Museum, History Museum, Asian Civilisation Musuem, Peranakan Musuem, Philatelic Museum, LASALLE college of the Arts, NAFA, Apsaras Arts (graduation for Japanese students), SIFAS, PA Orchestra etc.
Govt & Social organizations – Presidential Palace, Hindu Endowment Board, SINDA, Rotary Clubs, Sai Baba Organsiation, Ministry of Health, Minsitry of Defence (Army 2000), Singapore Science Centre etc.
Almost in all the community centres such as Whampoa, Henderson, Marine Parade, Paya Lebar, Potong Pasir, Toa Payoh, Serangoon North etc. etc for Deepavalli, Pongal (Harvest festival) and Racial Harmony Days. She has also been appointed as a judge for the Rangoli competitions in Singapore.
Wharton’s Business School,NTU, NUS, LA SALLE , ITE’s, Polys and schools such as Cedar, St. Michael’s Pri, Bukit Timah Primary, First Toa Payoh Primary, Hwa Chong Junior College, Tanjong Katong Girls School, Pei Chun Public school, Elias Park Primary, Mcpherson secondary, St.Gaberial’s secondary, ACS Independent etc.
Swissotel, Westin Stamford, Raffles, Ritz Carlton, Hong Kong Bank (HSBC), RBS Bank, L’Orreal, Standard Charted, etc.
RECORDS, AWARDS AND HONOURS
- GUINNESS WORLD RECORD:
In 2003, Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan encouraged and supported by Whampoa Community Centre broke the Guinness World Record by single-handedly drawing a Rangoli of size 52’x 53’ or 2756 sq. ft (256 sq m) in 7 hours without any break. The previous record was held in U.K of size 30’x30’
- SINGAPORE BOOK OF RECORDS:
(12 awards in 3 different categories)
1) Individual endeavours: Largest Rangoli by a single person – 2003
2) Team endeavours: Supersize – July 2005 involving more than 120 community leaders and drawing a multiracial Rangoli with symbols of all races in Singapore of approx 3000 sq feet size.
3) Mass participation: Communities – Nov/Dec 2005 involving 950 persons and World’s first giant outdoor weather proof Rangoli outside Esplanade for KALAUTSAVAM, Indian Arts festival.
4) Team Endeavours: Super size- April 2009 involving more than 100 people, drawing a longest rangoli in Singapore 98.5 mt in length (about 330 feet length) and finished the rangoli with the Prime Minister Mr. Lee Hsien Loong.
5) Team Endeavours: Supersize – Nov 2009 drawing the largest Rangoli in Singapore with more than 300 persons and drawing the largest Rangoli in Singapore measuring 4,342 sq feet.
6) Team Endeavours: Super size- Aug 2010, drawing the longest rangoli in Singapore measuring 133 mt in length (about 680 feet length) and finished the rangoli with the parents and children from Global Indian International School.
7) Mass participation: Communities + Super size– Giant Rangoli Nov 2011, drawing the largest rangoli in Singapore measuring 7,911 sq feet with over 770 persons at Chong Pang cc.
8) Mass participation: Communities – Sept 2013 Largest Street decorations using reused compact discs with over 55,000 CDs for Deepavali Festival Celebrations @ Little India officially opened by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
9) Mass Participation: Communities – completed in creating 1050 Rangoli KudamPot Fantasy Jan – 2015 for Singapore Art Week with 50 organisations. The Kudam are displayed around Singapore.
10) Mass Participation: Communities – Largest Montage made of plastic Trinkets measuring 2.1 mt by 26.5 m for SG-50. Rainbow Rangoli creation for SG-50 Rangoli with the residents of Whampoa by creating 5,200 Rangoli on acrylic tiles.
11) Mass Participation: Communities – Rangoli made of plastic spoons measuring 26 feet by 10 feet for SG-50. Spoon Rangoli creation for Kolam Ayer CC-IAEC with the residence of Gelang Bharu by creating Rangoli using more than 5000 spoons which are pasted on 65 acrylic tiles of 2 feet by 2 feet.
12) Mass Participation: Communities – Reflection Rangoli on acrylic Mirrors measuring 9 mt by 22 mt. Rangoli on mirror creation for Deepavali celebrations with 30 organisations.
- BHARAT GAURAV AWARD:
In Jan 2006 in Hyderabad awarded by the Governor of Andhra Pradesh for promoting Indian Art overseas.
- ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
– July 2013 for outstanding community service from Hindu Endowments Board
- 10 YEARS – LONG TIME COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD:
by People’s Association, Whampoa Community Centre, 2011
- OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER AWARD:
by Pertapis Organisation in 2010 & 2015
- Received a very special Award for participating/exhibiting Singarangoli – “The Orchids” for SG-50 CHINGAY- 2015
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan is a qualified Artist cum Art Therapist, (M.A Art therapy). She started as a Kindergarten schoolteacher and then moved to Special school teaching Autistic children. She holds a post graduate degree in Art Therapy, diploma in childhood education, a diploma in special education and advanced certificate in autism.
In addition Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan is an event organizer for several Indian temples like Kaliamman Temples at Toa Payoh and Serangoon Road. She also teaches Indian Folk dance and folk Arts like Henna, Saree tying, Flower decorations to non-Indians, other Community members and UWAS (University Women’s Association).
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan has acted as resident director and secretary for various private companies in Singapore. In 2016, she thought of starting her own company and providing all services related to corporate secretarial services.
As part of Esplanade’s Community Outreach programme, Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan has worked with old age homes, boys and girls homes, PERTAPIS home for girls and women as well as schools and community centres and the works were displayed at Esplanade as part of Kalaa Utsavam project in 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 involving around 1000 people.
To promote Rangoli Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan has been using stencils and DIY Rangoli kits to create awareness of Rangoli amongst all sections of the community. Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan has been participating in multiracial programmes to bond the different races in Singapore.
Ns Global Consultants Pte. Ltd.
To Know About Us
We are one of the most leading financial consultants of Singapore, help business people from base line of company incorporation to conduct AGM and preparation of reports, secretarial services and maintenance of accounts by incorporating the statuatory rules and regulations of the country with our guidance.