MEET THE TEAM
THIS PEOPLE MAKE IT ALL POSSIBLE
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Mohan
Vijaya Mohan (b.1959) started learning Rangoli in Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India, at the tender age of five at the feet of her mother and used to be so fascinated by Rangoli that she used to try different designs, different mediums and visit neighbours to observe their drawings and try to improve on it even whilst in school Vijaya Mohan is an internationally renowned artist in the painting of Rangoli (Indian courtyard and floor art). She holds the Guinness World Record for single-handedly painting the largest rangoli in the world in Singapore.She has drawn rangolisat many important events in Singapore, as well as in Australia, Brunei, India, Mauritius, Vietnam, the United Arab Emirates and USA. She conducts classes and workshops on rangoli and promotes it as a form of community arts.
Vijaya Mohan moved to Singapore in 1992 and has done thousands of Rangoli demonstrations in Singapore but starting documenting her events only from 1999. She has displayed her talent at over few hundred major Commercial, Social and Art establishments as well as numerous Schools, Colleges and Community Centres , Hotels/Commercial Est etc.
SG BICENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS-Chingay 2019 painting- Vijaya Mohan was chosen as one of the 3 main artist by PA to paint 270 x 10 meters canvas depicting the history of SINGAPORE (past, present and future) and participated/created live on the float during Chingay parade 2019.
- GOPIO- World Conference 2003, Mauritius,
- Livermore Temple , San Jose, USA (2005),
- International School, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2006),
- Empire Hotel for Rotary District Convention, Brunei (2008),
- Hyderabad Intll airport for British Airways Inaugural flight, Hyderabad, India (2008),
- Dubai Shopping Festival 2009, Dubai.
- I CAN- Institute for Career Advancement Needs-19th annual Women’s Leadership Conference, and our theme is “A Global Conversation”. At Omaha-Nebraska-Central USA- April 2012
- University of Nebraska at Ohama- Department of Arts & Art Histry-USA- April 2012
- Autism Centre of Omaha -USA-2012
- Hindu Temple –Rangoli workshop for devotees and volunteers of the temple- USA April 2012
- Girls scouts Omaha-Nebraska- 100th year celebration of Girls scouts-USA-Nov 2012
- OM CENTRE- Omaha with their clients –USA – Nov- 2012
- Omaha street school students —-USA – Nov-2012
- Norris Middle school-(students from Needy family)-USA—Nov-2012
- GEMS Millenium School-Dubai-Kindergarten and Middle school DivisionRangoli Demo/teaching and participation by the students in creating a big rangoli for their –Talents day program—Nov 2012
- Boyd community hub-Melbourne-Australia . Rangoli display at the community club in connection with their Christmas celebrations on 12th dec 2013.
- Rangoli Exhibition/ display at Art Expo –New York –April 2014
- Rangoli teaching/demo and display for the arts students of University of Omaha, Nebraska, USA in April 2014.
- Rangoli demo cum workshop at Yangon, Myanmar for the Tamil Language Integral International conference, June 2014
- Rangoli & Art Therapy workshop at 3rd Indo-Cultural art festival-Noida, New Delhi India Feb 2014
- Rangoli workshop in New Delhi ,India was a great success that the participants were amazed about the so many applications and styles were possible in Rangoli.
- Rangoli teaching/seminar/workshops /display at University of Omaha Nebraska, Seattle, San Jose and Abu Dhabi – March /April 2016
- Omaha Children’s Museum, University Of Nebraska Medical Centre, UNO Community engagement Centre, UNO college of Fine arts and media, Girls scouts of AmericaNebraskaSri Venkateshwara Vedic academy and training centre- Seattle
- Livermore Performing Arts Centre , San Jose
- Livermore valley Joint Unified School, San Jose
- Hindu Community and Culture Centre , San Jose in USA
- Neighborhood children workshop at Abu Dhabi .
EXHIBITIONS : Rainbow Rangoli 2012 at MICA Building, Singapore, and featuring different types of Rangolis of various Indian states with the Community Rangoli drawings by various schools, old aged homes etc for 10 days-Nearly 20 organisations participated during the exhibition.
Singarangoli at Art Expo –New York –April 2014 – viewed by more than 12,000 visitors
Singarangoli at Singai Tamil Sangam June 2014 – 3 days exhibition participated by MINDS,SINDA, BIZ LINK, Metta Rehab, SUNLOVE and various other VWOS along with overseas visitors to Singapore
RECORDS, AWARDS AND HONOURS
- 1) GUINNESS WORLD RECORD : In 2003, Vijaya Mohan encouraged and supported by Whampoa Community Centre broke the Guinness World Record by single-handedly drawing a Rangoli of size 52’x 53’ or 2756 sq. ft (256 sq m)in 7 hours without any break. The previous record was held in U.K of size 30’x30′
- 2) SINGAPORE BOOK OF RECORDS: (30 awards in 3 different categories)
- 2.1) Individual endeavours: Largest Rangoli by a single person – 2003
- 2.2) Team endeavours – Supersize – July 2005 involving more than 120 community leaders and drawing a multiracial Rangoli with symbols of all races in Singapore of approx 3000 sq feet size.
- 2.3) COMMUNITY participation – Communities – Nov/Dec 2005 involving 950 persons and World’s first giant outdoor weather proof Rangoli outside Esplanade for KALAUTSAVAM, Indian Arts festival.
- 2.4) Team endeavours– Super size- April 2009 involving more than 100 people, drawing a longest rangoli in Singapore 98.5 mt in length (about 330 feet length) and finished the rangoli with the Prime Minister Mr. Lee Hsien Loong
- 2.5) Team endeavours – Supersize – Nov 2009 drawing the largest Rangoli in Singapore with more than 300 persons and drawing the largest Rangoli in Singapore measuring 4342 sq feet at Tampines east CC.
- 2.6) Team endeavours– Super size- Aug 2010 ,drawing the longest rangoli in Singapore measuring 133 mt in length (about 680feet length) and finished the rangoli with the parents and children from Global Indian International School
- 2.7) Mass Participation – Communities + Super size– Giant Rangoli Nov 2011, drawing the largest rangoli in Singapore measuring 7911 sq feet with over 770 persons at Chong Pang cc.
- 2.8) Mass Participation – Communities – Sept 2013 Largest Street decorations using reused compact discs with over 55,000 CDs for Deepavali Festival Celebrations @ Little India officially opened by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for LISHA’s 25th Anniversary.
- 2.9) Mass Participation: – Communities- completed in creating 1050 Rangoli Kudam-Pot Fantasy Jan-2015 for Singapore Art Week with 50 organisations. The Kudam are displayed around Singapore.
- 2.10) Mass Participation: – Communities- Largest Montage made of plastic Trinkets measuring 2.1 mt by 26.5 m for SG-50. Rainbow Rangoli creation for SG-50 Rangoli with the residence of whampoa view RC by creating 5200 Rangoli on acrylic tiles.
- 2.11) Mass Participation: – Communities- Rangoli made of plastic spoons measuring 26 feet by 10 feet for SG-50. Spoon Rangoli creation for Kolam Ayer CCIAEC with the residence of Gelang Bharu by creating Rangoli using more than 6000 spoons which are pasted on 65 acrylic tiles of 2 feet by 2 feet.
- 2.12) Mass Participation: – Communities- Reflection-Rangoli on acrylic Mirrors measuring 9 mt by 22 mt . Rangoli on mirror creation for Deepavali celebrations with 30 organisations. Created around 13,000 small mirrors at Jurong Green RC.
- 2.13) Mass Participation:Commuities-Rangoli Bangle Dangle for Singapore ART WEEK -2016 . Both 2D & 3D images were created 30 organisations. Opening ceremony at PGP hall and exhibition at Kallang wave Mall.
- 2.14) Mass Participation: – Communities- Rangoli Radiance -Completed in creating Rangoli using 15,000 marbles for Deepavali with 25 organisations measuring 10 meters by 12 meters. The Rangolis were displayed at Gardens by the Bay from 22nd to 30th of Oct 2016.
- 2.15) Team endeavours– Me and two more ladies from Marine Terrace Rangoli creation using fresh fruits measuring 2.7 mts diameter in Nov 2016.
- 2.16) Team endeavours: Largest Collage made of cotton buds measuring 10 mt by 12 mt with the members of 7 community centres in Nov 2016 used around 23,000 earbuds.
- 2.17) Community project: Largest Display of puzzle Rangoli with 30 organisation in April 2017. Created around 800 pieces of puzzle and Exhibited at Visual Arts Center.
- 2.18).Community project: Largest Rangoli made of crystal salt at Bukit batok east CC April 2018, measuring 1 mt by 11 mts n used around 260 kgs of colourful crystal salt.
- 2.19)Community project:Largest Rangoli made of SAGO with VSS Singapore May 2018. Many organisations toopart and created 10 mt by 10 mt Rangoli using 200 kgs of colourful sagos.
- 2.20) Team endeavours: largest ORCHID made of 20,000 tooth picks Aug 2019. 1300 from Yuvabarathi International school children took part in the creation creation , a Gift to our Nation for the National day celebration.
- 2.21) Team endeavours: Lagrest Collage made of Colour Pencils for the children’s day celebrations )Oct 2018. Around 2000 pencils were used and created by the PERTAPIS CHILDREN HOME , CREATED THE RECORD under my guidance.
- 2.22) Community project: Largest display of Magic Clay Rangoli art display at Little India, Oct-Nov 2018. More than 30 organisations took part and created around 700 pieces of Rangoli art.
- 2.23) Community project: More than 200 participants created kolam simultaneously at one place for Bicentennial celebrations of Singapore on 2nd Feb 2019
- 2.24) Community project:Largest number of people participating in creating Rangoli using coloured pasta on 10th Feb 2019.100 kgs of pasta is used and around 180 people took part in the creation at Wisma Geylang serai CC for the Pongal Celebrations.
- 2.25) Community project, Most number of people creating design on stones at one place (178 people), 27th April 2019. Creation at the Cultural fest at Clive Street, Little India.
- 2.26).Our Singapore Nationalday celebrations with Yuvabharathi International school students-Biggest Collage made of recycled mirrors on 8th Aug 2019
- 2.27.)Curry Fiesta-Participated in 200 curry making feast with Lisha Women’s Wing and achieved a Singapore Record
- 2.28.)Longest display of, “HAPPY CHILDRENS DAY 2019” WORD with recycled pens at MINDS woodlands gardens school on 3rd Oct
- 2.29. Community project: Most number of people painting the recycled water bottle flowers-400 participants ( 250 senior citizens and 150 school students).The program and the display was held at Gardens by the Bay on 14th Oct.
- 2.30.Community project; Jasmin Flower Rangoli display at SinglapCC for Siglap 60th anniversary. 200 dots kolam was created by 60 participants on 20th Oct.
- 3) Bharat Gaurav Award: In Jan 2006 in Hyderabad awarded by the Governor of Andhra Pradesh for promoting Indian Art overseas.
- 4) Achievement Award –July 2013 for outstanding community service from Hindu Endowments Board
- 5) 15 years- Long Time Community Service Award by People’s Association, Whampoa Community 2018
- 6 )Outstanding Volunteer Award by Pertapis Organisation in 2010 & 2015
- 7) Received a very special Award for participating /exhibiting “SingarangoliThe Orchids” for SG-50 CHINGAY- 2015
(1) Illumination of Joy-Rangoli lantern display at Gardens by the Bay –from 20th sept Lantern festival to 20th Oct Deepavali -The project combines the beautiful Indian art of Rangoli with the colourful Chinese Lantern for the mid Autumn Lantern festival in the run up to Deepavali. Participants will be creating over 1500 Chinese lanterns encircled by Indian Rangoli designs .This involves around 35 Voluntary welfare organisations and around 900-1000 participants from old aged homes, handicapped centres, special needs centres, hospice care, kidney foundation, etc
(2)To expand the cultural base Vijaya has done Rangoli Natyam a fusion of Rangoli with traditional Indian dance in 2010.
(3)She has also done a visual art dance – novel fusion of painting and dance for the Singapore Youth festival in 2011 involving Singapore school children from special school and normal school youths .(she painted 10 mt canvas on which the children did the painting , dancing and pasting the visuals)
(4) “Live Our Dreams” Community Paintings: A Tribute to Singapore’s Pioneering 10 …Vijaya was among the 10 chosen artist from Singapore to create painting for the first 10 leaders of Singapore.
Singapore Art Week 2015 , 2016, 2017 /Community Project
Sucessfully completed in creating 1050 Rangoli kudams for Singapore Art Week-2015 (17-25th Jan), art festival supported by NAC,TPB & EDB, First of its kind in Singapore,
Rangoli design creation on 1050 pots(kudams), RANGOLI kudams-Pot Fantasy with 50 organisations. Which are displayed around Singapore.
Mass Kolam Drawing session in Jan 2015 , size 50 meter, Kolam creation on black canvas spread on the floor with 350 participants in 3 hours for Pongal 2015 at Chambell lane
Rangoli creation for the opening of Indian Heritage Center, the designs were created Region wise, (East-West-North-South)for the opening ceremony of Indian Heritage Center in May 2015. The creation was participated by more than 1000 participants. Rangoli creation for Heritage fest 2016 at Indian Heritage Centre and was participated by more than 500 people.
Rangoli Bangle Dangle for Art week 2016-Created 2D & 3D rangolis using 50,000 Bangles with 30 various organizations.
Little India Art Walk Rangoli creation with LASALLE students for Art week 2017
WE CARE-Singarangoli-Rangoli Community art in more than 20 to 25 Old age Homes around Singapore in teaching and hands on activities for 20 weeks/sessionsSingarangoli-Healing through rangoli art.
Passion Arts Festival –Community Rangoli creation with public for Bedok CC in 2013, 2014, 2015 & Sengkong South CC & Whampoa CC in 2017, 2018.
Vijaya Mohan is a qualified Artist cum Art Therapist,( M.A Art therapy). She started as a Kindergarten school teacher and then moved to Special school teaching Autistic children. She holds a post graduate degree in Art Therapy, diploma in childhood education, a diploma in special education and advanced certificate in autism.
In addition Vijaya is a Life Member in LISHA Women;s Wing, Singai Tamil Sangam, International Women Artists Association.She is an event organizer for several Indian temples and currently doing ,CLAPPING HANDS THERAPY AT VARIOUS HOSPITALS. She also teaches Indian Folk dance and folk Arts like Henna, Saree tying, Flower decorations to non-Indians, other Community members and UWAS (University Women’s Association).
As part of Esplanade’s Community outreach programme, Vijaya has worked with old age homes, boys and girls homes, PERTAPIS home for girls and women as well as schools and community centres and the works were displayed at Esplanade as part of Kalaa Utsavam project in 2005,2009,2010,2011 and 2013 involving around 1000 people EACH TIME.
To promote Rangoli Vijaya has been using stencils and DIY Rangoli kits to create awareness of Rangoli amongst all sections of the community. Vijaya has been participating in multiracial programs to bond the different races in Singapore.
Hobbies / Workshops:
Creating & teaching Rangoli (Indian Floor Art),Clapping is fun-a therapeutic clapping with rhythms, Chop stick dance & Indian Folk Dance to non-Indians, Music, Singing, Dance, Drama, Painting (Glass, Fabric), Henna hand painting, Hair styling, Flower arrangements , Teaching Indian food and saree tying.
Mr. Srikanth Narayanamohan
After he had his primary and secondary education in Singapore, he went to Carnegie Mellon University to do his bachelor education In Electrical and computer engineering. He then went to do Bachelor in finance and economics at London School of Economics. Over a decade he is providing strategic advice to Mohan group of companies.
Ns Global Consultants Pte. Ltd.
To Know About Us
We are one of the most leading financial consultants of Singapore, help business people from base line of company incorporation to conduct AGM and preparation of reports, secretarial services and maintenance of accounts by incorporating the statuatory rules and regulations of the country with our guidance.